Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Media operations

Since i finished my master thesis a lot of questions left opened for me. One of those is the observation of media operations, somebody may call it events, others participatory design methods.



I defined the following table:



according to media centric theory of learning based on the
"The Knowledge-Creating company:How Japanese Companies Create the Dynamics of Innovation" from Nonaka and Takeuchi
and
"Communities of Practice: Learning, Meaning and Identity" from Wenger.

The theory was utilized in "Do you know a similar project I can learn from?" Self-monitoring of Communities of Practice in the Cultural Sciences by Klamma, Spaniol and Jarke

The engaged actors are those presented on the model:


Today I find very interesting paper in the same direction. The scholars tries to discover communities based on mutual awareness: Blog Community Discovery and Evolution Based on Mutual Awareness Expansion by Lin, Sundaram, Chi, Tatemura and Tseng. I found a minor number of resources to the topic thus each new paper is a treasury.

No comments: